In my teens I grew hair in 4 new places.
I was happy for this to happen.
It made me feel grown up.
I welcomed it.
I wanted the world to see (mostly).
But in the following decades, the tide began to turn…
Body hair management in my teens
- Hair on my face
- I was self conscious of my coverage compared to my friends to I’d shave this often in my teens, but growing it was natural and not a problem
- Hair on my balls
- Fine. Didn’t have a problem
- Hair on my legs
- Not worried at all
- Hair on my arms
- Not a concern
Body hair management in my 20’s
My 20’s were the golden days of hair management. No concerns at all! It was fun!
- Hair on my face – update
- It was fun to play around with a few configurations!
- A goatee, a mostache, a handlebar mostache, a beard, a chin puff, chin curtain and others. Some styles lasted a few hours, others months or years
- Hair on my chest
- A small patch has appeared in the middle of my chest. No big deal
Body hair management in my 30’s
In my 30’s hair management was also fairly straight forward
- Hair on my chest – update
- The patch has grown in size, and has become quite thick and no longer welcome so started to shave my chest once or twice a month
- Hair on my back
- Just a fist size patch, but unwelcome. Shaving occassionally
- Hair on my neck
- Getting a haircut every 3 weeks takes care of this so not a concern
- Hair on my legs – update
- During an office party one of my legs was shaved as part of a challenge. I shaved the other when I got home to make it even. And I liked it! Since then I shave my legs a few times a year
Body hair management in my 40’s
But in my 40’s the whole hair growing system seems to have gone awry! I’m losing hair where I want it (my head), and growing it in many places where I don’t want it. Such an undesirable distribution of resources!
- Hair in my ears
- Really not happy with this! Some hairs are thick and black
- Any hair coming out of my ears is completely unwelcome
- Shaving twice a week. Tried plucking but hurts like hell
- Hair up my nose
- Really not happy with the way the nose hairs are getting longer and peek-a-booking out of my nostrils
- They appear once a week and I’m yanking these out with my fingers until I sneeze and my tears blind me
- Hair on my back – update
- The coverage has grown up onto my shoulders and down my flanks!
- Unwelcome. Shaving once a week or 2
- Hair on my neck – update
- Growing just as fast as my face now!
- Shaving every 3 or 4 days
- Hair in my buttcrack
- Disturbing how this forest is thickening and growing but not willing to do anything about it right now and it’s mostly out of daily view so easier to ignore
- Hair from my eyebrows
- Annoying how these eyebrows are now growing so long and starting to stick out in odd directions
- Trimming these every 3 or 4 weeks
Body hair management in my 50’s?
What’s ahead of me for my next decade?
I’m 46 at the time of writing this, so what’s coming up for me?
Will I need to start shaving the backs of my hands? The soles of my feet? My toes?
Let me know in the comments section below what I might be in for.