Countries have been fighting over resources for centuries.
One of the biggest fights at the moment is over oil.
But the biggest fight of them of them all is coming.
It’s the fight over the one resource none of us can do without:
As the worlds population leaves 6 billion behind, and marches steadily onward to 10 billion, and then 20 billion perhaps in the middle of this century, whoever controls the water supply will control the world.
So what can we do to protect our water supply?
Build huge underground resouviours?
Collect all the plastic bottles from the landfill, and fill them with water?
No. No. No.
The answer is to leave the tap running.
And here’s why:
- The water pours down your sink
- Into your local treatment plant
- And out to sea
- The sun evaporates the sea water and creates water vapour
- The water vapour condenses into clouds
- The clouds pour the water down on the mountains
- The water from the mountains forms steams and rivers
- Your council sucks up the water
- And feeds it into the town water supply
So if you “waste” water you are actually giving it a chance to make it’s way to someone who needs it.